Monday, November 24, 2008

Lana's Kitchen Window Seal.

11-24-2008

I have not been myself lately and I have not really felt much like blogging so I hope you enjoy the story below::
What do you have on your Kitchen Window Seal?
I was thinking of my next subject to discuss and decided that all of you really need to know about my window seal.. and would like to Thank Corey for the idea..

I started a collection of memories several years ago of small items that remind me of my kids, friends of my kids, nephew Corey and Greg's girlfriend Kyndall and I think Whitney.
I have two rocks given to me by Corey, one from California on a trip while in the Marines, one from Iraq that I will be getting on Thanksgiving Day..
A mashed penny from Florida from a school mate of Greg's and his name is Orian. (the other Greg..)
A perfect little seashell from Mytle Beach from Kyndall.
A little Pearl that Gregory almost swollowed while eating oysters-he saved that for me right out of his mouth!!! he puts it in his pocket and brings it home to me- Wow, what a son. :))..
I also have a little precious moment picture that is now 3 years and eight months old that was found by Shannon hours after my father Wiley passed away that was taped to my Cabinet that says "no tears passed the gate" I will share that special story with you another day- It was a part of my speech when I spoke at my Fathers funeral..

These are little gifts that have been picked up from Nature on various occasions that did not cost one red cent!!!! except maybe for the cost of the smashed penny from Orian in Florida.. They all know that the window seal is the place where I display the gifts and cherish the thought of being remembered... It is the little things that mean so much to me.. To anyone that belongs to my window seal::Remember? it is a very small ledge so the gifts of nature have to be very small to fit... Please let me know If I have forgotten anyone!!! Whitney? for some reason I am thinking you have a seashell on there as well??
I have a bigger rock on my sink from Corey and for some reason I am thinking it came from Iraq but not sure?? Corey? Please refresh my memory?

You may have already figured out that I have no gifts from my siblings nor my husband? I really think they need to step up and contribute to my window seal!! What Do You Think??

Thanks for visiting my blog and stay turned for more stories and updated picutures.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is so funnt mom. I never realized that there was a theme going but there is!!!
I love you and you will be back to normal real soon! You didn't call me tonight????