11-20-2008
Three years ago in March my siblings and I laid our Father to rest- man ole man do we miss him.
Martha and I were chatting recently and both realized that we truely did not appreciate our Father to the best of our abilities nor did we just Love him for the man that God knitted him to be.
Our daddy was a funny, funny man and I have found that most folks either loved him or hated him.
I can't tell you how much I would love to have just five minutes with him right now! I am not exactly sure how I would spend the time- would I spend it talking to him? would I spend it hugging him? or would I spend it studying him for the things I never had time to notice when he was alive?? I think I really do not know..
One year before my daddy died he ask for oil painting supplies for Christmas- Boy did that surprise me?? I did not even know my father could paint!! I knew he drew very well, but paint? I had no clue.. so as you would suspect Keith and I gave him whole set up-you name it he got it.
My daddy never had any extra money to buy gifts for us kids but he played SANTA at a near by store to make extra money to buy gifts for his wife and our younger brother.
The Christmas before his death he gave me a gift that I will cherish for the rest of my life,
An Oil Painting that he created using the supplies that Keith and I gave him the Christmas before.. This is the only thing that I have from my daddy and believe me that is all that I need- this oil painting was a Wiley original and everytime I look at it I see one more thing that I had not noticed before- Believe it or not you can even see SANTA.. If you think I am pulling your leg I am not- It is the funniest thing and all I can do is laugh..
This painting was not framed at the time so I had not hung it, somehow my Gary managed to sneak this painting from my home a couple weeks before Christmas which my husband Keith was in on---He built a frame and put this painting behind glass and guess what folks!!! This was My Gift from Gary that next Christmas!!
He did this for both me and my sister Martha- Talking about some tears! and a bit of confusion on how he pulled this off in two homes?? What a Brother and what a special gift.. My Treasure is hanging to the left of me as I am sharing this story with you now-:))
Happy Thanksgiving Daddy and we miss you terribly....Eugene, Gary, Martha, and Lana.
Thanks for reading another story of mine and thanks for visiting my blog. Remember to Pray...
Maybe my sister Martha will be able to locate a picture of our father to share..
Good Night.
Church Fall Festival Fun 2015
10 years ago

1 comment:
When I was reading this I got chills. I know I didn't appreciate Grandpa Wiley as much as I should have either.
I actually remember Dad taking those pictures, that was really sweet of him. My dad is pretty great.
I miss you Aunt Lana.
Love you,
Whitney.
Post a Comment