11-18-2008
I have posted a couple pictures of my Nephew..I wish he was home to stay but that is not the case at this time. He will leave Raonoke the day after Thanksgiving to head back to Iraq which is where he is employed and chooses to be at this time in his life :((( I tend to become such a "booboo baby" so I don't put myself through that and besides seeing him off is as hard for him as it is us as you will understand as you continue to read the next part...
Note to Reader: Please read with as much heart as I have writing this:
Cory's family was present the day that he left Roanoke to travel to Paris Island for Marine bootcamp. This was one of the toughest days of my life.
Saying goodbye to my nephew was NOTHING compared to what my brother was going through
as he watched his son walk toward a van loading up with New Marine Recruites. I think there must have been a small flood of tears on Peters Creek Road that day Except for the Father of this New Marine..
I watched as this Father and Son said goodbye to one another that day and this is how it went- They looked at one another did a knocking of fists and Cory turned away and never looked back....
Gary, Whitney and myself and other family members of Cory's attended Graduation in Paris Island.
We spent time with Cory on Family Day and then Graduation Day the next day.
We got up at 4:00am to be on base to get good seats to watch our Marine Graduate, they all looked alike but his height made it easier to spot him.
When his Platoon marched out on the field the Tears overcome me and the overwhelming feeling of Pride... As I look in Gary's direction I could clearly see he was feeling the pressure--
When the drill sargent announced the order-"Fall Out and Find Your Families" Cory took off running toward us and we took off running toward him and I just happened to stop running and I looked back at Gary and he just stood back and after everyone was done Gary walked up to his Son very calmly with a very stern handshake and then hugged his son..
Cory is no longer in the Marines but the memories will last a lifetime for him as well as the rest of the family.
Thanks for visiting my blog and stay turned for more stories and updated pics-
Remember to Pray and Please say a prayer as our Cory heads back after Thanksgiving..
Good Night....
Church Fall Festival Fun 2015
10 years ago

1 comment:
This made me cry.. I am in school reading this and all I can do is cry.. Lana why did you do this! Haha, no I am kidding. But seriously, I am crying. Not much was said in the blog but I just remember those days so much and they really were sad. I wish he didn't have to leave.
Whitney.
Post a Comment