11-14-2008
And the Winning Toy Is?????.....Choo-Choo Trian......There is even a train car named James.. No Kidden there really is...
Do you know how long it has been since I shopped for a two year old? Keith and I set out to purchase the perfect gift for our blonde-headed, wired for sound two year old little man.
Where will we go to find the perfect gift? Toys-R-Us!!! That's it!!! Very excited about the choice of store- It has to be there!!!! Ok Now, Do you know how many times I have shopped there?? apparently not enough.. I will save you all the details but we did finally find a riding toy that had an engine, horn, and really not much more than that... Did he love it? Yep- Did we look at trains? Yep- Did we buy a train? Noop...
Grandma and Grandaddy Usak, Willliam, Suzie, Megan, Martha, Scott, Keith and I were the special guests-- William prepared Dinner:: The Menu consisted of Fried Chicken, Green Beans, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy and Cake.... The Meal Was Wonderful!!! I ate entirely too much tonight!!! I am so glad I spent time showing him my tricks to cooking and so my hard work paid off after all, there is no doubt in my mind that he got this talent from me... you make a baby sister proud:))) You did a Great Job Buddy..
Kathy and Donald Usak are just Wonderful Grandparents, they are always up for just about anything... Do you guys remember the Lavern and Shirley show???? Well, Kathy is the spitten image of Shirley.
Kathy and Donald are full of life and love spending time and being very creative with the kids... James likes for Grandma to chase him through the house and then he chases her.... Megan is just so "Teacher" like- she is a very well spoken child and certainly does not mind entertaining her family with a made up game or two and she certainly knows how to take the lead... (she gets that from her Granddad Usak)
Gary was not able to attend due to his work schedule but as you may have already guessed I called him with the details- I know he really wanted to be there but when duty calls he goes and duty calls Gary alot... He is making extra money for the New York Trip and if all goes well he may even consider taking $100.00 big ones to the Big City-:))) You think I am kidding???
"Misfit Christmas Decorations" The Lana Tradition::
I would like to let you all in on one of my requirements when shopping at Christmas.
Misfit's- The Question Is???? Do they need Christmas Homes? Of course they do...
One of my favorite home decorations for Christmas Is My One Eyed Glowing Snowman- He was left behind on a shelf at the very back of Kirklands at Valley View Mall and I gladly snatched him up and gave him a Christmas Home- The sales lady thought I had lost my mind- This is a tradition in my home and at some point and time you will receive a misfit Christmas Decoration- If you think I am pulling your leg believe me I am not!!! My question to you is??? Would you like to be left behind because there was something not perfect about you??? So this Holiday Season as you are shopping for that Perfect Christmas Decoration and you run across a "Misfit" Dont be so quick to pass it up and leave it behind- Think about it this way--- How many times has someone given you a Christmas Decoration to display in your home and a year or two go by and you have forgotten who gave it to you- I Promise You This- You will never forget who gave you a "Misfit"..... If you visit my home at Christmas you will find Misfit's as well as a Hallmark Ornament "Island of Misfit Toys" hanging on my tree- This was a Christmas Gift given to me by my Neice Megan-- I will cherish that for the rest of my days......
Thank You for visiting my blog and stay tuned for more of my stories and update pics..
Good Night.......
Church Fall Festival Fun 2015
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment