Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Stories


Christmas with Nannie and Paw-Paw and other stories....

Christmas evening we all gathered at my parents place for our traditional evening together full of fun and laughter.
We have always drawn names in our family but to be honest with you I really dont know why??? when you draw names it is meant to cut down on costs as well as mess... I can tell you that we all brake the rules!!! Oh! we buy the gift for our name and a ton more for everyone in the family...my parents were so tired of opening gifts and to remember who bought what? forget about it!!! we did not cut down on costs nor mess.. it was CRAZY....
The residents at the retirement complex where my parents live for now were just amazed with what we done for our parents :)) we reserved the Dinning Room for all of us to fit and as we were preparing the party with the mountain of food and mountain of gifts the other Residents at the home were gathering around the window peeking in wondering if this party was for them?? how sad is that??? I felt very sad for some of those folks and now Wish we had Invited them in to join the Zoo and enjoy the food and now I wonder if any of them had a Christmas at all?? Later we clearned up that big mess and said good by to nannie and pawpaw and then traveled back home to have yet another Christmas with my daughter, Dennis Greg and Kyndall!!! this was the fouth round of opening gifts and I was exhaused not to mention I had to be a work early the next morning.. I got to bed around 1:00am and up again to work and then we had to head out to Dinner with Shannon for her Birthday- lots of fun with friends and family....

I have to tell you that my son finally received a Jack In The Box from his PawPaw on Christmas- this special toy was purchased on line by my sister Martha- this jack in the box dated back to 1971 or so- they do not make this toy with the clown any longer and Greg has always wanted one so he finally has one-Thanks Martha for finding this toy for my son.. He Loves It.........

I bought Keith an X-Box 360 Elete and a navigator system this year- I topped him this year with gift giving right? wrong!!! and as I have already told you he replaced my Tiffany's Signature ring and braclette from our trip to New York so he topped me.. you have no idea how special that was and the tears were never ending. Thanks Keith....

Greg bought Keith Bedroom Shoes and he bought me a candle/mirror gift set and it is beautiful!!! I love it and so did Keith. Thanks Greg
Shannon and Dennis bought me a Red Coat and a beautiful tan scarf Wow!!! I love it and can't wait to wear it. Keith received a christian book-socks and straws?-gag gift and I cant remember what else..
Kyndall bought us a candle, snowman coffee cup and snacks- ymmm- Thanks sweetie and we hope you love your gifts from New York- you cant buy those here that is for sure..

Martha Ann and Scott purchased my only MisFit gift this year and many other special gifts which are priceless to me!!! I am so excited because I did not find any this year:((( Suzie, my sister in law went to Halmark and ask the sales lady if they had any misfits??? that was so funny and the sales lady said they can not sell broken items??? what is up with that- are you kidden me??? Thanks anyway Suzie...
James my nephew gave me a 50.00 dollar gift certificate for Walmart- I am so excited....
Gary bought me this years Halmark Toy- Snowmen- Love it- Love it- he also bought me a travelin bag for our trips and a travelin neck pillow-- I guess he is worried about his little sisters neck flopping from side to side up and down while I sleep on the trips- and occassionally a bit of droll- ok so the neck pillow will catch the droll:)) Wow!! Two gifts in One Gary.. and he also bought me a travelin bag to keep my valuables in like lip stick-foundation-and Tiffanys' jewelry so it does not get Stolen Again!!!:(((( ok, so Dont Get Me Started On That Subject!!!
Gary was showered with gifts again this year- but his favorite by far was the "Traditonal Calendar for the Garage and the Boys" right Gary.... no- he really loved everything he got and we loved doing it for him- he really deserves so much more..
Greg received many many pairs of bloomers- and lots of other stuff to but Keith bought him a bowling bag on wheels-- hopefully we will be able to go to Las Vegas this year for the Bowling tournement and he will be able to use it there.. Thanks Keith for doing that for Greg.

I need to get off here so Thanks for visiting, I hope you enjoyed my Christmas stories..
Love to our Corey in Iraq and hope to see you soon- I Love You Sweetie and hope you are well.. love aunt Lana...

No comments: