12-26-2008
Happy 23rd Birthday Shannon!!! I hope you enjoyed your special day..
A few Christmas Stories from me to you to read and enjoy.....
Keith and I traveled to Pulaski to spend Christmas Eve with his family and Wow what a night that was, Keith's mother passed away earlier this year so this was our first Christmas without Hazel- she may not be here but she was there in many other ways thanks to Vickie
This year we all agreed to purchase gifts for Keith' neices Stephanie and Crystal...
Vickie and Steve are friends with a family in that area that has a child that has been dignosed with Cancer so we decided to take the money that we would have spent and give to that family.
Vicki gave the Best Kind Of Gifts--Homemade Gifts From The Heart!!! She made Keith, Kathy, Stephanie and Crystal Homemade Shadow Boxes of Memories from thier Late Mother and Grandmother Hazel..:)) very tearful night and let me tell you why....
Vickie made Keith a Shadow Box out of a very old window with three sections of glass that came out of a very old home near where they currently live.... Hazel wore house coats-she loved house coats!! Vickie cut her mother's house coats into many squares and long pieces and from that she created this beautiful gift::: there is a Heart sown in the house coats in the middle window that says "The Heart of the Family is sticked together with love"---she has a perfect Bow in one window along with the complete neck piece with the silver snap in the first two windows and squares on the bottom part that every thing is sown onto-the colors are just Beautiful- all colors of the rainbow.. on the back of this Shadow Box is the words::: "In memory of my mother Hazel Mae Nunn Miller Corvin done with pieces of my house coats 12-25-08 and Vickies initials"
Now I ask you??? Is This Not Just Amazing? I'll take this kind of gift over store bought anyday!!!!
Not only did she do shadow boxes but she gave everyone a nice booklet and inside was Hazel's journals that she did for a class she was taking years ago-WoW!! Guys! This is Major!!! I wish I had something like that from my Late Father..
She also put together a scrapbook for Keith and in this book is many picturs on his father that he lost when he was just a young fellow- his father was killed by a drunk driver so he barely knew him--there are many old pictures of family in this book-his sisters, aunts and uncles, neices but lots of cool stuff belonging to his father..
Vickie also made other shadow boxes for Stephanie and Crystal that included lots of memories as they were growing up- Hazel's glasses-watches-old books she read to them when they were small- playing cards- lots more but you get the idea.
There are just NO words for gifts like this!!! She is an amazing lady and I love her for all the time and energy and more than anything the Thought and Love to make such precious gifts....
Christmas Morning spent with Keith, Gary and Greg was amazing!!! Keith replaced my Tiffany's signature Braclett and Ring and Just Dont Get Me Started on why he replaced it!!! when I opened this package oh my gosh!!! I just could not stop crying, you do not know how much that jewerly meant to me!!! Oh yeah, I fogot the Tons of Appreciation that go out to my Wonderful Brother Gary for getting such lovely photos of me during my emotional melt down!! Thanks a heck of a lot man, I really just have no idea how to Thank You for capturing that moment because you know I cry so pretty???
I have so many Christmas stories to share with all of you but for now I am just so tired- it has been a long couple of days and I really need to sleep -I will post more tomorrow but for now Good Night and Love to our Corey in Iraq and we all miss you so very much....
Good Night...
Church Fall Festival Fun 2015
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment