Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Memory of Gary's and a Big Ole Thanks to my husband Keith...


12-30-2008

I want to begin sharing a Christmas memory of Gary's when we were just small children.
Our family lived in Rahpine Va. many years ago when my parents were married.
This paticular Christmas Gary remembers our Mother Nancy being so irritated that we did not have a Christmas Tree so they went out to cut one down to bring home.. Gary says this tree was the ugliest ceder tree but nevertheless they cut it down and broght it home, now, he does not remember any type of decorations or even decorating it for that matter but it made my mother happy and that was all that mattered..
My older brother Eugene (Cooter) and Gary had two toy trucks, one was more of a bigger type of truck and the other was more like a type of crane truck- Gary and Eugene always wanted the other's truck... (You all need to know that my mother and father were very poor and had very little for a long, long time--in fact Gary thinks the toy trucks were probably already on the property when our family moved in) Gary and Eugene's trucks were old and muddy but this paticular Christmas they decided to give each other a gift????- Gary wrapped his old dirty muddy truck in Christmas paper and Eugene wrapped his old dirty muddy Crane truck in Christmas paper and they exchanged trucks for Christmas!!!! Is this not the most Special Story you have Ever Heard???? the funniest part is when Gary told us how the Crane part of the Truck was sticking out of the Christmas Paper up in the air but the truck itself was wrapped up- can you see that? I can and I bet that was very special to my mother- I dont remember this time on our life but I wish there had been pictures but Gary's memory is enough for me..

As you all may know by now Gary spends Christmas Eve and Christmas morning at our home- except for the last two years at my parents farm- Every year I place a note in our Christmas Tree for Santa- I always remind him to leave all of Gary's presents at my address instead of his address because he is spending the night with his baby sister- it is funny because every year he always takes the time to stop at my tree and read my note to leave Gary's presents under our tree- Is he not the coolest Santa ever?? He even leaves Gary's stocking filled with all of his favorite snacks and even a gift or two.. He left him a really cool Battery Tool Kit in there this year....Thanks Santa for another special year..
Thanks to my beautiful sister Martha - Gary will have an ornament to hang on our tree next year...
I hung our Father's ornament on the tree this year and of course I got a bit upset-- My Best Friend Cory ( not my nephew) bought me a very special ornament several years ago after my father passed away and it says "Merry Christmas From Heaven" I cherish that.. I loved it so much I bought all of my brothers an sister one that same year...-I stopped and wished my father a Merry Christmas and boy do I miss him..

I want to Thank my Husband Keith for making this Christmas so Wonderful!!! He is the Best Husband a woman could ever ask for.. He does so much for me and my family- more than I deserve that is for sure... He was released from the hospital from having the Heart Attack but somehow managed to suprise me by replacing my Tiffany Jewelry that was stolen several weeks ago.. The jewelry is not important but the heart that my husband has means more to me than anyone will ever know... If his father was alive today he would be so proud of the man that he grew up to be.. Keith is always putting himself last and me and my kids and family first..
I Love you sweetie and Thanks for putting up with me. Thanks for giving me and my kids such a wonderful life......:))) you are the best......
Thanks to my family for so many nice gifts for Keith and I.
To my son Gregory- Sorry for the mix up on the Really Large Boxer Bloomers you recieved for Christmas.... I guess 38-40's would be way too big for you since you do wear a 31 waist- woops!!!- :)))
Well, I need to hop off here now but stay tuned for more updates and pics- Love to our Corey in Iraq..

Good Night......

No comments: