

11-23-2008
My sister Martha began a tradition years ago with my two children taking them shopping for Christmas presents at Everything's a Dollar Store- she would give the kids 20.00 dollars and they were to shop for mommy and daddy and other close family members..
They loved getting to do this and boy were they proud!!! and well they should have been because they did a grand job!!! Now-- of course Shannon would carefully walk the store thinking and thinking and thinking about the gifts that she was to soon purchase that would end up under the Christmas Tree and this drove my sister crazy!!! but those of you that know Shannon know how she is-- which I Love So Much... this was life decisions she was making and they had to be perfect---
Now Gregory on the other hand was so excited about what this would mean for him??? there was no thinking!!!! none at all except which isle leads to the Toy Section:))) there was no thinking of the gifts that he would soon purchase because he was perfectly fine with buying toys for everyone:))) No Kidden- Toys for everyone this year by gosh:))) well my sister had to quickly remind my son that this shopping trip was NOT for him it was for his wonderful parents and close family- Gary received Tools one year and if the truth be known he probably still has those tools. I love my sister for doing that for my kids and I don't know if she really knows how much!!!! I Love Her for doing that because it made my kids so happy.. Shannon and Gregory will never forget that because we still talk about it today--Thanks Sissy...
Now this year our neice Megan was to begin this tradition with my sister however she was unable to keep this date due to some unexpected turn of events...My sister called me the other night heartbroken that she was not able to take her shopping this year so Keith and I stepped in and took Miss Megan-- boy did we have a ball!!!! I suggest everyone begin this with a small child because this really teaches a grown person how much small things really mean- It should not be about how much something costs or how big the gift is- I CAN NOT TELL YOU HOW MUCH I LEARNED TONIGHT- I am really rethinking several things now- I never knew this could be a gift in itself until my sister gave it to me this year...... This is her deal but I am glad I was able to be a part of it- I love Martha for giving me the unexpected gift of spending time with Megan and seeing a glow in the eyes of a child with unexplainable excitment for Christmas Morning and not for herself but for her family..WOW!!!! if this does not make you think NOTHING WILL... Thanks for the very special Christmas Gift Martha and I love you so much for it...... WoW!!!!
Megan enjoyed dinner with Keith and I tonight and boy was she hungry-- we shopped for Daddy,Mommy,James, Grandmother and Grandaddy, Paw Paw,Nannie and Mat...
She wrapped all of the gifts- she did the work I cut the paper--she wrote all of the name tags and laid them under the tree-- She said to me "I am going to be up until Midnight wrapping all of the presents" that was so cute- Megan had Dipping Dots for the first time tonight- she was not so sure about this at first but after she tasted them she Loved Them.. so we shared a medium size which set me back $4.50.. oh well - it was worth it seeing her eat them...
We held hands the entire night and talked the entire time..
After we purchased everthing and all items were bagged up she looks at me and says boy!! daddy and mommy will have to really hide thier eyes when we get home!!!! :))) how dang cute is that anyway- a fellow beside us heard her say that as she looked up at me with very big excited eyes and he just laughed.. Now that is what Chrismas shopping is all about!!!!
Before we left my brother's home tonight Megan reminded her parents that they had two more
days to wait to open the gifts from her..
I can not wait until Christmas Evening to hear about Megan's first Christmas Morning with presents under the tree for her family wrapped with love with thier names on them and them having no clue what is inside..:)))) what a morning it will be in that home..!!!
Love to my Corey in Iraq- I love you and Merry Christmas..
Merry Christmas Everyone and Happy New Year..
My sister Martha began a tradition years ago with my two children taking them shopping for Christmas presents at Everything's a Dollar Store- she would give the kids 20.00 dollars and they were to shop for mommy and daddy and other close family members..
They loved getting to do this and boy were they proud!!! and well they should have been because they did a grand job!!! Now-- of course Shannon would carefully walk the store thinking and thinking and thinking about the gifts that she was to soon purchase that would end up under the Christmas Tree and this drove my sister crazy!!! but those of you that know Shannon know how she is-- which I Love So Much... this was life decisions she was making and they had to be perfect---
Now Gregory on the other hand was so excited about what this would mean for him??? there was no thinking!!!! none at all except which isle leads to the Toy Section:))) there was no thinking of the gifts that he would soon purchase because he was perfectly fine with buying toys for everyone:))) No Kidden- Toys for everyone this year by gosh:))) well my sister had to quickly remind my son that this shopping trip was NOT for him it was for his wonderful parents and close family- Gary received Tools one year and if the truth be known he probably still has those tools. I love my sister for doing that for my kids and I don't know if she really knows how much!!!! I Love Her for doing that because it made my kids so happy.. Shannon and Gregory will never forget that because we still talk about it today--Thanks Sissy...
Now this year our neice Megan was to begin this tradition with my sister however she was unable to keep this date due to some unexpected turn of events...My sister called me the other night heartbroken that she was not able to take her shopping this year so Keith and I stepped in and took Miss Megan-- boy did we have a ball!!!! I suggest everyone begin this with a small child because this really teaches a grown person how much small things really mean- It should not be about how much something costs or how big the gift is- I CAN NOT TELL YOU HOW MUCH I LEARNED TONIGHT- I am really rethinking several things now- I never knew this could be a gift in itself until my sister gave it to me this year...... This is her deal but I am glad I was able to be a part of it- I love Martha for giving me the unexpected gift of spending time with Megan and seeing a glow in the eyes of a child with unexplainable excitment for Christmas Morning and not for herself but for her family..WOW!!!! if this does not make you think NOTHING WILL... Thanks for the very special Christmas Gift Martha and I love you so much for it...... WoW!!!!
Megan enjoyed dinner with Keith and I tonight and boy was she hungry-- we shopped for Daddy,Mommy,James, Grandmother and Grandaddy, Paw Paw,Nannie and Mat...
She wrapped all of the gifts- she did the work I cut the paper--she wrote all of the name tags and laid them under the tree-- She said to me "I am going to be up until Midnight wrapping all of the presents" that was so cute- Megan had Dipping Dots for the first time tonight- she was not so sure about this at first but after she tasted them she Loved Them.. so we shared a medium size which set me back $4.50.. oh well - it was worth it seeing her eat them...
We held hands the entire night and talked the entire time..
After we purchased everthing and all items were bagged up she looks at me and says boy!! daddy and mommy will have to really hide thier eyes when we get home!!!! :))) how dang cute is that anyway- a fellow beside us heard her say that as she looked up at me with very big excited eyes and he just laughed.. Now that is what Chrismas shopping is all about!!!!
Before we left my brother's home tonight Megan reminded her parents that they had two more
days to wait to open the gifts from her..
I can not wait until Christmas Evening to hear about Megan's first Christmas Morning with presents under the tree for her family wrapped with love with thier names on them and them having no clue what is inside..:)))) what a morning it will be in that home..!!!
Love to my Corey in Iraq- I love you and Merry Christmas..
Merry Christmas Everyone and Happy New Year..

1 comment:
I love that. I cannot wait until I have children and they can say goofy things like that.
:)
Post a Comment