Monday, January 26, 2009

7lbs 1/2 oz/ Gregory Todd Chesnut


01-26-2009
Happy Birthday My Dear Son..

01-26-1988 The Birth of my Son Gregory Todd Chesnut, I remember it like it was yesterday:)))
His cute Big Conehead and all:))) Labor lasted Three hours from start to finish- both Shanon and Gregory were born in three hours start to finish and both of my children had the Doctors running to my bedside to catch the precious gifts- I kid you not!!! I gained 17 lbs with Gregory and 12 pounds with Shannon....
Thank the Good Lord they did not take after me and come into this world a double footling- I dont think I could have handled that now---
Winter weather advisory and state trucks running up and down the streets all night long- I was awake all night long experiencing labor pains and bracing for the future events to come...
There are parts of this memory that I must leave out due to goofy reasons but, oh well..
Phone calls being made to family members that any expecting mother and father would make- mothers, fathers, siblings and of course the babysitter to watch Shannon...
It was a very exciting morning-my mother was present to watch her very first birth of her Grandson but not because we knew he was a boy- we had two names picked out- Gregory Todd and Brooke Carol-somhow I knew he was a boy- I always weighed more on the name of Gregory Todd than I ever did Brooke Carol- Carol after my mother of course---:))))
Greg came into this world at 10:16 am and boy has it been a ride ever since-
Greg had several medical issues after he arrived but the Good Lord got us through each and ever one of them and he is the Most Healthy Child ever to date....
I guess the most concerning moment was the day that a medical consultant at UVA informed us that Greg may not grow anymore than he was at the age of Two- his ureters were enlarged and lots of tests being preformed on his tiny kidneys- in addition to that was the fact that Greg had a heart murmur which also was very bothersome- Greg out grew the heart murmur- we found out later that his Great Grandfather Leonard had a murmur as well...
Again, I am leaving out alot of details but I will Never forget any detail no matter how big or small- I remember being wheeled to the delivery room watching my two year old watching me and even at that early age she was worried about Mommie- our wonderful sitter came to the hospital to pick shannon up until Greg's arrival then she retruned to see her new baby brother- and not really knowing what to think...
There is nothing like having a Son and all that obviously comes along with that and already having a Beautiful Daughter at home just somehow sealed our sweet family and to have them somhow arrive on the very same day of the month is pretty cool- certainly not prearranged God just planned it like that- maybe God thought it would be easier for me to keep up with when I get old and loose my mind..ya think???? all kidding aside--God's plan came way before our plan to ever have children and God knew Greg long his parents...is that not just Beautiful??? yes it is..
Greg is off bowling with Keith tonight and mom is missing her son-
Cake and candles are awaiting his arrival tonight but the party comes this weekend- pretty cool that your 21 year old son wants to go out for a night on the town with dear ole mother and step dad and other family members...
Gregory, I am so glad that God gave you to me!!! it is not always easy and it has not always been easy and we have had some pretty difficult times and we also have had Great Times but there is noone that gets you like I get you and that is for sure..

I could go on and on about this subject but I need to go- I just wanted to share a story with you about my son-
I Love you Greg and Happy Birthday
Love mom......

1 comment:

Rhonda "Abuela" Lawson said...

Lana,

Your story of Greg's birth and your labor and delivery were interesting and quite touching at times. We did not join Greg for his b-day celebration at his Dad's and Sheila's( I think it was family only). However, please let him know he was in my thoughts and I did remember his birthday. Greg has always held a specail place in my heart and Shannon too....I do not say this to offend anyone. I just wanted to say thank you for allowing me to be a small part of your childrens' lives for that I am thankful to you and God of course.

Keep In Touch,
Blessings,
Rhonda