01-17-2009I borrowed this Beautiful picture of Grandmother Chesnut from my daughter's blog- I want to share a couple of stories with all of you but most importantly I wanted you all to be able to put a face with her name.....
So all of you understand the relationship Virgina Chesnut is my children's Great Grandmother on thier daddies side.
I have known Virgina since I was a young teenager and what you see is what you get and that is what I Love so much about her. She and My Parents are Good Buddies and always will be..
Virginia was present the day we moved my parents into the retirement home, Greg came to assist with moving and he stopped by to visit his Granny so she decided to ride along with Greg and she ended up staying the biggest part of the day keeping Nannie company until Paw-Paw arrived later that evening..
Greg had a couple of items in his vehicle that needed to be carried up, one of which was a Really Big Pack Of Toilet Paper :)) Greg was Not Happy about that duty and the reason for that was because the current residents living there were all lined up in the front area watching us move in and the reason for that is most likly because they have nothing else to do!!!! Virginia ask could she help carry anything? of course My Son Gregory quickly responds saying you can carry the Toliet Paper!!!! and being the Wonderful Sweet Lady that she is gladly takes ownership of the Large Pack Of Toilet Paper and delivers it to the apartment and then takes her seat with Nannie and they visit together the rest of the moving day....
Seveal years ago in September on my mother's birthday Keith and I had planned a day out for Nannie and PawPaw, Paw Paw was not feeling well that day so we called Virginia and extended an invitation for her to go along and spend the day with Nannie, Keith and I and she gladly accepted so off we went for the entire day... We had so much fun with these two ladies--Virginia has been a few more places than my mother but mom was able to see for the very first time in her life The Roanoke Star, Mill Mountain Zoo, Downtown Market, and a homeless person...
My mother bought a pair of shoes that day from LaDeDa for 10.00..can you believe that??? there is never anything in that store for 10.00 but that day it was and just in time for my mother's birthday- she was very excited but not because of the name of the store but because she only spent 10.00. for a pair of shoes...
Virginia and my mom laughed the entire day and just enjoyed one another's company- Keith and I felt like we were out with a couple of teenagers the way they chatting, laughing and really
just loving life.. we ate lunch at the market and walked around and just had an amazing day with two Top Notch Ladies.. I hope to always remember that day because it meant so much to Keith
and I and I know it meant alot to them-- but we sure did miss having PawPaw along.
Virginia lost her husband Leonard several years ago, let me tell you!!Leonard was another amazing soul.- he spent his last days in the nursing home but Thankfully before he drew his last breath I was able to take my parents to his bedside so we could visit with him and really silently say our last goodbye's- I certainly took the opportunity to tell him that I always thought the world of him and that I Loved him so very much- he talked with me for a few minutes about the flowers by the window and how pretty he thought they were and how he had flowers like that at one time, and after that what he spoke was not for me to understand so I kissed him on his sweet cheek and said good-bye-- a couple of days later he passed away but I often think of him and the stories that he shared with us as we traveled to see his Mother Hailey in West Virginia... I can tell you all that those were Good Times and I am glad I was apart of that family...
Virginia has a very special place in the hearts of my family and always will, she adores my husband and thinks there is noone like him except for maybe Greg- she makes no bones about how she feels about Gregory.. She does not love one grandchild more than another but if she did
you would know it because she is just that honest- I feel like she has this close connection with Greg because at this date and time he is her Only Great Grandson- No Pressure There Gregory-:)))
Virgina went to visit my parents recently which just tickled my parents to death and I am sure there will be more visits in the future- if my parents had it thier way they would have Virginia right up there living near by....
We had a very nice day- we went to church and afterwards had lunch with Shannon, Dennis, Nathan and Erin and Julia and then came home for Coffee, Fatpants and warmth..ahhhh nothing like that on a Sunday evening--
Oh yes! Shannon and Dennis came by to pick up this really beautiful chair that we have been storing for several years now-- Just so you know but Dont Tell Shannon: The Chair is Not Beautiful-- anyway Shannon decided that she wanted to sit and read a book in the chair so now it finally is back home with them... I love how she just makes those spur of the moment decisions it really is just so cute...Love Ya Shannon and I love that Chair!!!:)))
Ok well, I have to go now- Love to my Corey in Iraq and stay safe my son....
thanks for visiting my blog and stay tuned for more stories and updated pictures that I took at my home today with the Maggi Camera as soon as she sends those to me...
Good Night.....

No comments:
Post a Comment