Friday, January 16, 2009

Picture Of True Love Taken by Shannon Maggi.

01-16-2009
I want to share this Beautiful Picuture that my daugher Shannon took of her Grandparents while visiting on Tuesday.
Shannon and I had lunch Wednesday and she shared the pictures that she had taken of my parents. I looked at each picture that she had secretly captured and oh my gosh did the tears flow!!! I kid you not!! they just came with no control-Now! That is what taking pictures is all about!!!!- I want you all to understand that we have to be respectful of taking pictures of our daddy because my he suffered a stroke several years ago in the middle of the night and it left him blind in one eye so he does not tolerate flashes..
If you look at this picture closely you can see the hands of a wife knitting and a loving husband sitting in the backgroud watching.. he will watch her knit for a very long time to then be followed by her unraveling the entire masterpiece to begin all over again because one little stroke may have went wrong along the way to then beginning again until she achieves a masterpiece- now, at somepoint she will have to decide which child or grandchild or even a close neighbor that she wants this gift to be given to or even a "by the way here is a little something I made for you in my spare time" and this is my Mother otherwise known to all of you as Nannie.
This is a couple that Loves one another No Matter What!!:)) it truly is the smallest every day events that occur in the lives of this couple that otherwise may seem very boring to us---you will Never understand the full meaning or excitment of this unless you talk with my mother and you acutally hear her tell the details- and then you still will not have the total understanding of what a day means to those two folks...
So, I ask all of you to just scroll back up to the True Picuture Of Love and tell me- Do you see yourselves and you husband or wife doing and looking like this when you are 66 and 81 years of age??? Oh, Yes, I forgot a very special piece of this--what you don't see is a very devoted Grandaughter sitting behind the camera capturing this moment for all of us to enjoy for many years to come!! Oh, One more detail that you also do not see in this picture of Love is the devoted Grandaughter that had driven her Nannie to a near by hospital to be by her side while having a CT Scan done of her entire body so she would not be alone- Shannon was able to be with her Nannie through a large portion of the test and after the test was done Nannie was finally able to shed her tears of shear fear of this test- she is not a fan of closed spaces so this was her release-if you are wondering how the tests turned out? Thanks to our Lord In Heaven the tests showed only arthritis and Praise God For That.. Will your Grandchildren be by your side when you are elderly and scared??? remember Shannon is only 23 yrs old and most kids that age are not hanging out at the hospital with Granny having a CT Scan I'll tell you that...

I wanted to share my news- I joined the choir!!! I really think this will be lots of fun- I love to sing and this way If I find that I really suck then I can just blame it on someone else or even fake the parts I can't sing- right?? :)))) Im kidden!!!

Ok- well, Good Night and Love to our Corey in Iraq...
Stay tuned for more stories and updated pictures....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is my favorite post. Not because it was about me, but because it shows how special they are! Time is fleeting.. let's not waste it!