Sunday, April 19, 2009

My Very Special Sister, Martha.

Happy Sunday,
I should be working on an upcoming Leadership Class but instead I have decided to take a break and blog about my sister Martha.
The picture above was taken recently and as I look at her I see what a Beautiful Lady she truly is, not just in looks but in heart as well.

If anyone reading this blog knows my Father Wiley, well, she is identical to him in looks as well as personality, between my Brother Gary and Martha- Mr Clark Lives On :)) which makes me very happy because I Miss Him So Much!!!!
Martha is now and has always been a wonderful sissy to me- yes, I know, you are most likely saying that she could not have always have been wonderful? we all have issues growing up but she always took care of me in that sisterly way.

Martha recently purchased an outfit for me out of the blue, Wow! what a sweetheart- even though she has fallen on hard times she still tends to always find the right time for a phone call to say-" I was thinking about you" or a sweet little gift to say I love you..
When we were growing up I can't tell you how many times she saved me from wearing the most awful outfit to school- Thank Goodness she did that!!!-- I was never any good at matching colors- Never!!!! she would always save the day...

I can tell you that I always lost my lunch money running down the driveway to catch the bus- Daddy would give us each 45 cents for lunch and extra for ice cream but did Lana keep up with her money? oh no, I would always cry and then guess who saved the day? Martha- she would give me her lunch money and she would have No Money for lunch- is that no sad? do I feel awful even today? yes I do..

In 1979 Martha and Gary were both involved in a Horrible motor vehicle accident, if you have never gone through something like that Pray that you Never Do, that was a Horrible Time for our family. I can recall just about every detail of that night like it was yesterday! my brother and sister were both in very bad shape- Gary was not as bad as Martha but bad enough- He spend a couple of days in the hospital and Martha spent approx 3 months.

I remember praying so hard that night that she would live and to get another chance being sisters. see, what you all do not know is that she and I got into a fight before she left the house and she never returned for me to say I was sorry :(((( so later that night about 11:00pm we received a call from our Minister informing us they were in a car crash! and to hear that she may not make it was heart breaking. When my parents arrived at the ER and the physician finally came out to speak to my parents about her condition he ask, who is Lana? my mother said to him Lana is her sister, why? well, she was shouting my her name stating, stop hurting me! I can only assume that she thought it was me hurting her not the car crash itself...This really spoke volumes to me so for those of you reading this, lesson to you all- you should never part with anyone using angry words... I love you is much better....

My sister is now very happy and healthier than she has been in a very long time, she is currently in a Great relationship and planning to get married soon!! hopefully very soon!! Martha Ann is the mommy of two doggies, Kristy and Roxanne and shares custody of Maggi which is the dogie from a previous marriage.. is that not the coolest thing? she takes it very seriously.

For those of you that have been following the Hoosier Cabinet that our Brother Gary is redoing well, it is for Martha on her upcoming Birthday-I still can't post the final product Per Gary but as soon as her baby blue eyes see her gift then I can post, it is Beautiful! it was Very Ugly when he began but he has once again brought new life to a piece of old furniture and I am very proud of him..
Shannon and I went shopping on Saturday, we had a Blast!! she is so much fun you just have no idea!!!-- we ended our day watching the race, eating pizza and salad with our husbands..

I must go now so I can re visit my other work that is waiting :((( I would rather blog..
Thanks for visiting and stay tuned for more picures and stories.

No comments: